Friday, January 11, 2008

TALENT!!!

I come from a place, where there’s real talent, in all the fields….. Well… to be precise
I belong to the Steel City, the place which was the stepping stone to the set up of one the top most business groups of the globe…. “The Tata’s…..”
Whatever it be, Tatanagar( mostly known as Jamshedpur) has certainly got a magic…
Anywhere across the globe you go and u find atealst , one!!! Be it the command over oration, diversity in culture (a real India seen……) or the portray of talent. Hidden talent is brought out and in some way or the other I can say The Tata’s gave a platform for an over all development of individuals there. A small town, with simple people…..
Now that TATA STEEL has completed 100 years (1907-2007), on this prosperous occasion there was a Carnival organized in the whole of the town….
A week full of fun for all the people there… I was missing the feel of it!! Still I got a good feedback from my parents of the everyday gala's. One such evening was a musical concert by “Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy”, Mahalakshmi Iyer and Shilpa Rao( “Tose naina lage fame…)
I heard it was short and pretty good but there was a discovery at the end of the show. This very singer, Shipa Rao is a product of the very city I belong to. I was shocked!!! Couldn’t believe it. Kept asking my dad…. “What did u just say??? Shilpa Rao from Jamshedpur?”
It was so surprising to know this. Another person getting famous in the line of people like R. Madhavan, Tanushree Dutta, Priyanka Chopra(who has her maternal grandparents here) and many more…..

To be talking a bit about Shilpa Rao… even the people staying there had were finding this news to be new. Her father is working in Tata Steel. I was so curious to know about her background but no where on net could I get to know deep about her. Just got an ear to ear info from the announcement Shankar Mahadevan himself made.

To throw light upon Shilpa’s musical jouney in bollywood, I would say that she got an excellent voice. A singer who can sing a slow and classical kind of number like “ Tose naina lage…..” and the peppy numbers with her strong voice in “ Saiyaan re…..”
( Salaam- e- Ishq)… Well not to forget the song , “Woh ajnabee….( The Train) which too became very popular. It was then when I found that she has given her voice to the song “ Stranger on the prowl( Ek Ajnabee) also. Well… wish her career graph soars high…

No comments: