Sunday, May 18, 2008

Am I obsessed???

Er...er...er... There’s nothing much to worry. I’m neither obsessed with someone nor with love.
I feel that I am OBSESSED OF WRITING.

Anywhere, anything...When, my mind works. I generally carry a pen and paper with me wherever I go; if I don’t have I manage to get one. It is based on what’s going in my mind because I can’t keep things inside... it has to come out some way or the other. Either I talk or I write. Writing helps me when I don’t have someone around who understands me. If not a pen and paper then I have my mobile in hand. If not a write-up then possibly a ‘Shayari’. Of late this habit is becoming too much I feel. Even if I have a small chit I need to write something in that. Be it the library, railway station, hospital or in the auto rickshaw. People watching me were wondering as to what I was writing so fast. It was just that I was getting so much in my mind at a time that I needed to write.

I was in the hospital with my grandmother for 2 days and I started writing there too. People around kept looking at me quizzically and someone even came and asked me as to what I was writing. I didn’t know how to explain? I just said, “I am studying something.” Even my mom wonders what I write but never bothers to ask me much. That’s how she is as she has been seeing this since when I myself don’t know??? She keeps kidding and says one thing, “What do you write so much I don’t know? If you go at this rate you can write a thesis I think. Interested in doing PhD?”

Seeing the way I write, I remember my school days when we had to write at least 4-5 pages for an essay or a story. That time I somehow managed to fill those pages and reach the word limit. 4 pages seemed such a big thing for me. This was my condition when I was in the 11th and 12th standard. I used to feel bugged while writing. Even in board exams I felt bored but now these 4-5 pages seem nothing to me.

That’s another progress in my writing skill and I have got people who encourage me to write. As a writer I can write well in English and Hindi only but I would love to learn some more and write, at least start writing in my mother tongue which seems to be a very difficult task for me even now.

Writing is my passion and my latest obsession… Hope this passion remains alive forever as it is my savior in times of distress.

No comments: