Monday, April 12, 2010

Seasons of Love ( Part 2)

Shruti kept staring at the cell phone for sometime.

She picked up the phone and in a very cold voice said, " Yes, tell me."

Aditya said, " I know you don't want to talk to me but if you wish to, do listen to me."

There was a pause.

Aditya expected her to give him the green signal but she was not in a state to give that. He broke the silence again.

" I do care for you."

(Pause)( He expected her to react again but she didn't).

" I did not do anything wrong by not talking to me much, right?"

Aditya wanted Shruti to say , " Yes, you didn't do anything wrong."

She didn't say that for obvious reasons. His enthusiasm which was on its peak initially had begun to deteriorate.

He again continued....

"At least I manage to talk to you for 5-10 minutes even though I am extremely busy."

When men do not get appreciation they try to appreciate themselves because that is the only way to prevent them from loosing their confidence and keep them interest.

On the other hand, women need a lot of appreciation and they appreciate too but only when their love tank is full.

Men do need appreciation for their little efforts but they hardly have the ability to appreciate always. Not that they don't want to but they do not realize that in Venus, (where the women come from), it is a very good gesture to appreciate about little things.

When Aditya couldn't bear her silence anymore, he asked, " Are you even listening to what I am saying?"

Shruti who was in no mood to be convinced and whatever Aditya said was not going to have any effect on her at that moment.

She was hurt and she couldn't get back to normal so easily.

Fortunately or unfortunately women are not so open and welcoming when they are hurt and that's when their man is full of love. They can't accept anything they are given. It'll have a very slow effect. This is exactly the time when men become disappointed as their gift of love is rejected.

Rejection is a man's biggest fear. Especially when it's from a woman.

That's exactly the reason why guys take time to proceed in a relationship even though they tend to know the girl's feelings.


Finally Shruti replied, " Yes, I am. You may go on."

It pricked him badly.

He put a little more effort and tried to give it a last try. Convincing her and bringing her round to his views was like doing push-ups. It was as if he were just 2 steps away from his target when he was about to collapse out of tiredness.

He said, " Seeing your response I feel I have failed miserably in being the good guy. Now suddenly you seem to not like me and don't want to talk to me. I've become bad for you and you are showing cold behaviour which I can't accept. Aren't you happy with me dear?

(Pause)

" How many time do I have to tell you that I love you and you are someone really special I've met."

This the last thing that a girl would like to hear. She can be cold to her guy but can never see him loose his confidence. Aditya had expressed that to her so she had already started melting.

A woman can never get angry for long for small things. Her heart just melts when she feels the need to empathize with someone.


Shruti couldn't speak at that moment though. She felt the need to tell him that she did love him and nothing could make her love lessen for him. It was just a phase and she would be fine and her love was always going to be the same.


Aditya being a man from Mars, where intellect is not applied to think what the other person might be feeling. They believe what they hear.

Shruti still seemed very cold to Aditya.


Aditya said, " Why are you doing this to me?"

Shruti said in an irritating tone, " What am I doing? I don't want to talk to you about anything right now. I have work too. Don't spoil my day Aditya."

Aditya felt a stab on his heart.

Shruti wanted to cut off as she couldn't see her guy feel miserable and she knew very well that she was equally responsible for the present condition. So, she needed time to get back to him with love.

Aditya said with a heavy heart, " Okay! Do as you wish. Talk to me whenever you want to. I'll be waiting. "

He meant what he said. That whole day nothing would have worked for him. His mind would have been totally pre-occupied with the events that had happened. He couldn't concentrate on anything. Unknowingly or knowingly he kept checking his cell phone to see if she did respond.

He convinced himself by saying that he was not disturbed and he was checking the phone only to see the time. This was not the truth. His heart forced him to do that.

He couldn't dare to message or call her before she did as it was against his ego and he did want to stick to his words.

Women on the other hand did just the opposite when it came to this situation.
If a girl had said that she wouldn't talk to him she would call him within half an hour after she had uttered those words.

The thought process in Shruti's mind had already started. she thought about the situation again and tried to justify both sides.

When a woman takes a step forward to be understanding she really does it in an unbiased manner.

Shruti thinks and she thinks and she keeps thinking until she has the courage to type this message and send it to him.

It goes like this:

" I am sorry. I've not been equally understanding I think. I shouldn't be so unreasonable with you but I just get hurt when you blame me for your unhappiness. It's not that I am scared and insecure but I only need is your love and the expression of love. I am not so great to understand what you think even after knowing you so well."

Message sent.

She expects a reply immediately thinking Aditya would be looking at his cell. Coincidentally , It is the time when Aditya stops noticing his cell. he gets busy and he doesn't realize that his cell was vibrating..

Shruti, on the other hand feels, he is not yet out of that miserable feeling and she feels helpless.

She sends another message:

" I love you a lot Aditya. All these trivial matters are not going to lessen my love for you."

Aditya had actually come out of that feeling after a while. Though he was worried about her response but there were other things to be prioritize.

Shruti couldn't get over that until he replied to her messages. She couldn't get over that and kept lazing and doing nothing but just thinking about all that he had said.

She was coming out of her deep well. His words had started doing the magic. Women show late response but it does work. She would see all the good things in what he had mentioned. She could see his little efforts to nurture the relationship and she realized a fact that it was important to let him be himself. It was the key to their happiness.

Dr. Louann says, "Let men be men."

If they are left in their territory they would love to cross their boundaries and reach the woman's land and keep her happy as they love to act brave and dare to do things. If those efforts are appreciated they feel triumphant.

Shruti sent another message, " Please , do not misunderstand my behaviour. I am trying to understand your point of view also. We both have to keep each other happy in our own way. I always want to be the reason for your happiness. Forgive me if you can."

After asking for forgiveness, Shruti felt a boulder down her heart. She had said what she wanted to.

Aditya suddenly realized that his cell light was blinking.

He eagerly read all the messages and smiles.

With each message his smile broadens and he feel relieved.

He felt that his words had finally affected her.

He reads the last message again.

He replies, " Of course. I do!! Love you too. I am little busy. Talk to you later dear. "

Shruti jumped on her bed to see his message. She had expected him to say something more but seeing the message her enthusiasm did go down but she wasn't sad. She did feel happy.

She expected him to reply, " I love you a lot and I can never be angry with you."

What Aditya had messaged meant the same as above but just that the words had been put in a different form.

Men can't play with words. Their words mean what they say.

For them, SORRY, is a very big word and if they don't get a response like, " It's okay! they feel that they have committed the biggest crimes on earth.

On the other hand, SORRY, is a very common word in a woman's dictionary. She uses it for the slightest of things going wrong. Even if she forgets to call him back she says sorry and to get a reply like, It's okay, is not enough for her.

Women need full assurance by words that their sorry had been accepted but what they do hear from men is just an , It's okay. From a man's point of view they mean what they say but the woman thinks that they are just trying to put this off.


Such a confusing mystery with two different kinds of brains.

This is called the Autumn in love. This is the time when both learn to nurture their love. They learn to understand and give time to realize what they feel.

It takes time but it does have effects.



To be continued.................




1 comment:

Arif said...

not about story... but abt ur blog.. the color i can not see in ur blog. but its good..