Sunday, November 1, 2015

The perfect vacation

This is such a wonderful wish to be granted to a travel buff like me and my husband. We look forward to taking short vacations and breaks and go for relaxing holidays on weekends or combine with other public holidays. Although, we have preferred travelling to places around Bangalore which can work for a good 2-3 day trip, we never really have taken out time to explore the beautiful hotels and vacation rentals in our city, Bangalore. Since I have got the chance to choose three best hotels of my choice in Bangalore, I would prefer hotels which are a little  far from my house. I wanted to get a taste of places around in that area, since travelling to and fro in a busy city like Bangalore is next to impossible. The constantly honking vehicles and the jammed roads really make us feel in need of a peaceful holiday every weekend. Where would one turn to go every weekend? But..... if possible I would love to select these hotels as a weekend getaway within the city. 

I have chosen the hotels from the Cleatrip, hotel directory, chosen for my city Bangalore http://www.cleartrip.com/hotels/india/bangalore/). 

The first one in my list is Clarks Exotica , Bangalore



I loved the look of the hotel when I saw this picture. The location is at Devenahalli, which is the best part, as it is near the Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore. It is far from the city's hustling-bustling traffic which allows us some peace. We need to travel for around one and half hours from our house, which is in JP Nagar to reach this hotel. If we leave early in the morning, we would be able to cover this distance smoothly and allow ourselves a traffic free weekend vacation. When we are back on Sunday night after a two day relaxing break we would feel extremely refreshed to start our work from the next day, No more Monday morning blues as we have had a short and relaxing vacation in the city without having to travel a lot. 

I did not need to hesitate at all while choosing it as it has also been a Traveller's Choice Award Winner with a Certificate of Excellence 2015 at TripAdvisor. I choose hotels based on their TripAdvisor ratings as the reviews given by travellers are quite genuine. 

The interiors of the hotel are very well done. The perfect relaxing and luxury holiday. 

Nandi Hills, which is very near to this place is also a great weekend travel destination. We could stay at the hotel and travel to Nandi Hills in the morning to see the beautiful sunrise. 


The beautiful and cosy bed in the Club Exotica, room I would choose seems so inviting that I am eager to go on a vacation right away. The private balcony and the cottage looks extremely appealing to me. 

This hotel has also got many indoor games and also a beautiful swimming pool where my husband and I could enjoy our leisure time. A swim in the pool would be so soothing. I would love to try out the spa here which looks extremely already looks rejuvenating in the pictures. 
















You can check this website here : Clarks Exotica , Bangalore 

More than all the luxury that is available here, I would be excited to try the different multi-cuisine restaurants that are available in Clarks Exotica. They have every option available. A beautiful bar and also where can have a Saturday night party- Illusion. 

They have got everything one could need. We can watch movies, play indoor games, relax and rejuvenate in the spa, take a swim in the pool, enjoy mouth watering dishes, go for a walk or a stroll around, party hard at night, hit the gym in the morning and take a nice romantic bath in the Jacuzzi.


My second choice would be The Zuri Whitefield , Bangalore


Whitefield is almost 35 kms away from my house. It is as good as travelling to a far off destination. Since our work place do not come in this area it would be a new place to stay and explore. Whitefield in the happening destination when it comes to the young IT crowd. The Technology Parks are spread around this area with amazing hang out locations. The nearest one from The Zuri, being the Phoenix Market City, which is one of my favourite malls in Bangalore. It is spacious and also has some or the other concerts organized on Friday and Saturday evening. We miss out going to these concerts many times because it would very difficult to drive down 35+ kms after attending an enjoyable musical concert or partying here. In such cases staying at The Zuri would be the best option. 

The hotel looks excellent in the pictures and I have received good reviews from my office colleagues who had their guests from other cities stay here. It is again a luxury and business hotel. Again a winner of  Certificate of Excellence 2015 at TripAdvisor-Zuri 



The interiors are simple yet beautiful decorated. The hotel is not spread in a large area but has ample rooms to cater to needs of around 150-200 people at once. I like such hotels which are not over crowded. It has come up recently, so I like the fact that it is new and has gained a lot of popularity. 




For the rooms, I would go with the Zuri Rooms which have all the basic amenities. I wouldn't look for too much luxury also as I wanted to keep my holiday royal yet simple. It would just be a weekend break in the party of the city where there is so much activity. 

I like the dining area also. The interiors are done well and the seating arrangement for the dining tables along with the bar arrangement is really unique and gives a warm feel. I like the hotel because of the blend in the colours that have been used. The bedspreads give a royal feel. The rooms are compact and beautiful for a couple to stay. Although they have rooms suited to the business class also.







Check out their website here : The Zuri, Whitefield



The third hotel of my choice is : The Leela Palace-Bangalore 

It is the hotel I always have wanted to stay in with my husband. It has been my all time dream hotel where I had promised my husband a holiday after I was placed in my first job. Although, he has been refusing to accept my invitation for a stay at this hotel because of the amount of luxury here. I have been to The Leela Kempinski, Mumbai and I have fallen in love with their chain. The hotel is located right in the busy road in HAL, Old Airport road so I would not consider it a great serene holiday. It would certainly be relaxing and a comfortable stay. The amount of noise caused by the traffic around is actually shut down by the way the building is constructed. It certainly looks like a palace from outside. I love the cuisine that they serve. I would take my husband here for a holiday date and treat him at The Citrus restaurant where the buffet lunch is just excellent. 

The most important part of this chain of hotel is that they are extremely good at service and hospitality. The infrastructure is high class and the antique decor used is just amazing. It certainly looks like a palace from outside. We have everything here. There more than four multi-cuisine restaurants with a bakery too. The cakes here are so fresh and yummy that once cannot resist ordering them again and again. My best friend's engagement party was held here. I almost fell in love with the beautiful garden that is inside and the way each corridor is decorated. There are different halls designed for various needs. The hotel gives a royal feel. We get transported to the age of the Raja and Maharaja of ancient India. It is that royal. 
















The interiors are so well done that no hotel can be at par with them. They are class apart. The hotel chain is very old and when it was made, it was near Bangalore's airport which had to be shifted because of traffic. Now it is in the middle of a busy road but worth the stay.  I am actually falling short of words to describe this hotel. It has always been on top ratings on TripAdvisor- The Leela, Bangalore and has maintained its Certificate of Excellence from many years. 

I would choose the Royal Suite to stay here with my husband.  They have beautiful dining halls, ball rooms, a party hall, a pub where we can indulge in some partying. This hotel is suited for couples as well as business class. It has got everything that one needs.











You can check out their website here : The Leela Hotels, Bangalore


No comments: